As well as our challenger’s recipes below, why not try out one of our tasty and healthy Portion Size Wise recipes?
Watch our short “how to” videos for inspiration and then download the full recipes to try out at home here.
Below are some more delicious meals for you to try out, courtesy of our portion control challengers.
Julie’s Chicken Stoup (a mix between a stew and soup!) to feed 5!
My children really enjoy chicken, so I tried this easy Stoup. It is quite filling as it has all your food groups in it so you don’t need lots of it! The perfect portion size wise meal.
400g of chicken (5 portions)
750g of new potatoes (5 portions)
15 heaped tablespoons of chopped carrots
900ml of chicken stock and a handful of pearl barley
This is such an easy dish to do, especially if you leave it in the slow cooker all day. We had one portion left at the end so I have put it in the freezer instead of picking at it at the time.
Becky’s 1 egg omelette – only 100 kcals!
1 medium egg: 78 calories
60g fresh spinach: 16 calories
I was so pleased with how full this kept me all morning, so much better than a greasy egg muffin from the canteen!
- All you do is whisk the egg together fry it in the pan with low fat oil and then add the spinach and you are sorted!
- If you are short of time in the morning like me then make it at home and take it into work to heat up in the micro wave!
Another portion size wise breakfast – beans on 1 slice of toast!
1 slice of wholemeal bread from small loaf: 55 calories
50g baked beans: 42 calories
Julie’s portion wise crumble – you can eat sweet stuff too!
We didn’t want to let all the beautiful food in the back garden go to waste, so made a crumble to make the most of it! Hoping this will last us a while.
900g of plums (from the back garden)
And for the crumble:
175g of butter
225g of half fat flour
100g of demarara sugar
175g jumbo oats
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400ºF/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the plum slices into a large ovenproof dish
- Rub the butter into the plain flour, sugar and oats
- Scatter the crumble over the plum mixture in an even layer
- Bake for 30-35 mins or until golden and the plums are tender
Becky’s Honey and Cashew beef stir-fry for two.
Instead of using two large dishes as I usually do, I opted for the one small one each!
10. Repeat the above process one more time. aubergine, sauce, basil and cheese.
11. Add a little pepper to the tops and place in the over 180 degrees for a fan oven (200 degrees for gas) and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Serve with 40g worth of crusty bread each. I know it might sound silly to weigh your bread but it is the only way to make sure you are being portion size wise!
Julies’s Portion Size Wise Parma ham spaghetti delight!
Serves five people:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and sizzle the pancetta or bacon for about 5 mins.